Worcester Cathedral

The great Worcester Cathedral West Window stained glass, completed in 1873, was designed by John Hardman Powell and made by his company in Birmingham. Contemporary stone repairs by the Cathedral stonemasons discovered rotten carvings and one in the west window was replaced with a new stone carving permanently commemorating JHP. This picture was taken during the installation high on the west window, and shows the real care involved in the mason's craftsmanship.