Headstone Manor and Museum
This is Headstone Manor, a moated timber manor house in the heart of Harrow, Greater London. A former residence of the Archbishops of Canterbury and once owned by Henry VIII, the house dates back to 1310. Having been constantly revised and added to it is a mix of architectural styles and building methods and it is the only original moated timber framed manor house in Greater London left standing. The grade 1 listed building was recently saved from dereliction by a HLF funded restoration project and is now a thriving small museum in the heart of suburban London run by a small but dedicated team of staff and volunteers. The Manor house is one of a number of important historic buildings on the scheduled ancient monument site, including 2 medieval barns.