Barden Tower is situated in Wharfedale in the Yorkshire Dales, it was one of six hunting lodges and the principle seat for Barden hunting forest. The lodge was rebuilt in the late 15th century by Henry Clifford the Shepherd Lord . Lady Anne Clifford restored Barden Tower in 1659 even though it did not belong to her. On her death it was restored to its rightful owners, The Earls of Cork. The building fell into decline in the late 18th century. Today it's a successful restaurant and a popular venue for weddings. This evening photograph was taken from a viewpoint used by the artist J.M.W. Turner on one of his visits to the areas.