QF Gun St Kilda, Scotland

After the German submarine attack during the First World War in 1918, the Royal Navy installed a Mark III QF gun on the isle of Hirta to protect Village Bay. Some of the St Kildan men were trained to use the weapon by the military but luckily it never saw any action. Today, the gun is one of three that still remain in its original place in Scotland.