Imperial city Hue Vietnam Thai Binh Lau, The Emperors Reading Room
Thai Binh Lau, The Emperors Reading Room
Thai Binh Lau was first built by the Emperor Thieu Tri between 1841 and 1847. The Emperor Khai Dinh later restored the temple in 1921, and civil authorities continued restoration efforts in the early 1990s. In the old days, the Emperors used to retire to Thai Binh Lau to read books and write letters.
the only building to survive the ravages of the 20th century. The French reoccupation failed to destroy it; American bombs failed to bring it down.