Martello Tower No.24
Martello Tower No. 24 in Dymchurch High Street was one of 74 towers built along the south coast between 1805 and 1812 to resist the threatened French invasion.
Of the 74 Martello Towers built on the Kent and Sussex coast, Martello24 is considered to be the best surviving example, being closest to its original condition and it can be seen as it was when occupied by the military in 1806. It has been restored to its original design and contains replica gunpowder barrels, replica 'Brownbess' muskets and the original 24 pounder muzzle-loading cannon on the gun platform.